1673 Jamerson Road, Marietta GA 30066
Worship Services and Activities

Wednesday- HE Rite II – Noon
Saturday- HE Rite II – 5pm
Sunday- HE Rite II – 8:30am
Christian Education – 9:15am
HE Rite II – 10:30am

History of Annunciation

Our beginnings are humble.

In 1985 the clergy of the Marietta Convocation sent a letter to the Bishop of the Diocese of Atlanta stating the need for a congregation in northeast Cobb and south Cherokee counties. At the 1986 Annual Council, the same Convocation resolved to sponsor a new mission. In February 1987, invitations were sent to area Episcopalians to meet at Mountain View United Methodist Church to discuss the organization of this mission.  The Reverend Bill Swift was named vicar for the new mission  which held a worship service and a second organizational meeting on March 12, 1987. On April 5, 1987, the first Sunday service was celebrated at Modesto House, next to a cow pasture on Arnold Mill Road.  A newly formed Steering Committee voted to name the new mission The Episcopal Church of the Annunciation.

The Annunciation name was chosen from the scripture Luke 1:26-38 which chronicles the Angel Gabriel announcement to Mary that she would bear the Messiah. Christians set the date of the Annunciation on March 25, nine months prior to our celebration of Christmas. Mary’s symbol, the lily, which embodies purity and virginity, is shown on our entry sign.   The cow on our weathervane and on our original entry sign denotes our humble beginnings next to the cow pasture.