The ECA REACH ministry is excited to announce a new way of shopping – E-Cards in Action. This an offshoot to the existing SCRIP program with the same benefits to OUTREACH, but a more personalized and expeditious shopping experience for you.
Under the “old” process, cards were sold on Sunday after the last service, or in limited situations as special orders. There were some minor drawbacks to the process – If you wanted to purchase a card, you were limited to what was currently in stock unless you were either (1) willing to place a large personal order through the coordinator, or (2) willing to wait for a few weeks for your cards to be included with the coordinator’s monthly order.
If you want to continue your SCRIP shopping after the services, as in the past, you can. We will still be selling the cards after the 10:30 service. Beginning today, however, you can set up a personal SCRIP account for you and your family. By establishing a personal family SCRIP account, you can shop at home at your leisure. Two new options are available to you: SCRIPNow and Card Reloads.
Under either option, you’ll be able to get and use your “cards” almost immediately. If you look over the vendors, you will be shocked at the vendors that most of us didn’t know were available under the program. The only charge for using SCRIPNow is a 15 cent per order handling charge. Under the reload program, existing cards for many establishments (e.g. Starbucks) can be reloaded for reuse. This could be particularly handy if you have a son or daughter in college who frequents certain businesses; you can reload their cards immediately instead of going through the trouble of sending them money.
REMEMBER, THAT HOWEVER YOU CHOOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM, YOU WILL BE PROVIDING A MONETARY BENEFIT TO THE OUTREACH MINISTRY BY PURCHASING ITEMS YOU’D BE PURCHASING ANYWAY.
Procedures for establishing a family SCRIP account
- Go to www.shopwithscrip.com website;
- This will bring up the home page. In the upper right corner, click on the blue “register” button;
- The next page shows “Redefine Funding”. Click on the button on the left that invites you to join an existing SCRIP program;
- The next page shows “enroll.” The enrollment code is 47479568187L. Once completed, Click the blue button to register;
- You will be asked to create a username and password protected account. Enter all applicable information on this page. Ignore items that do not pertain to you or the Church (e.g., student name);
- After you have completed this step, go to the dashboard. On the left side you will see a “family function” button. Open this tab and click on “PrestoPay”. When you do this, you will be asked to enter your banking information. This will allow you to pay for your family orders through an ACH (similar to any other electronic payment).
- NOTE: If you choose to do so, you can skip entering your bank information, and simply give a check to Chris Renaud or a Scrip volunteer for any purchases (see below for the shopping process) you’ve made that week. If you choose this option, your “cards” will be released to you once your check has been deposited;
- If you’ve set up an ACH account, SCRIP will make two small deposits into the account you provided (about 2 days later). This is a verification technique to prove you are who you say you are.
- On your dashboard, you will see a red exclamation point next to PrestoPay. You will also receive an e-mail with an ACH authorization number. Follow the directions for verification of this account. Once this step is completed, you’re ready to shop.
- Click “shop” at the top of the page. You can browse, review the daily special offers, or place an express order. If you place an order you will enter the items you desire, and then . . .
- Click on “cart” on the top right. This will show you what is currently in your cart. When you submit your order, it will show the details – Card cost, the OUTREACH contribution and the processing charge of [only] $.15 per order
The site is very easy to use. If you have questions, contact Chris Renaud, Vestry member over Reach at email@example.com