ECA’s Servant Ministries are actually a group of ministries that focus on reaching out and serving others, especially our members and families, by showing love, patience and understanding. Servant Ministries include those ministries that supplement pastoral care and those that provide InReach support and services.
Servant Ministries include:
Hospital/Facility Visitations – supplements the pastoral care that the rector provides by reaching out by phone and/or visits to members and/or family who are hospitalized or confined to care facilities.
- Visiting Eucharistic Ministers – supplements the pastoral care that the rector provides by taking and administering communion, and offering prayers and readings to homebound members and members in need.
- Memorial Ministry – ensures that the ECA Memorial Garden provides a special place to receive the ashes of members and/or loved ones as well as a place for survivors to remember and heal.
- Journeys – provides support to members and families who have suffered loss and/or who are experiencing grief.
- Meal Delivery with Care – provides meals to members and families in times of need, such as when experiencing illness or loss.
- Cards from the Heart – celebrates birthdays, anniversaries, and other special days as well as shares love and concern during difficult times with a handwritten card.
- InReach – identifies and helps to address the various other needs of our members and their families such as transportation to and from church.
If you have a servant’s heart and can help, please contact Servant Ministry chair Horace Higgins or Vestry Liaison Pam Bell.
If you have a need that the Servant Ministry might fill, please contact the clergy, Horace or Pam.